How to Choose the Best 3D Printer
The variety of 3D printers is growing (personal, open source, hobby, and desktop) and so the 3D printing industry has growing number of printing techniques. How to choose the perfect printer becomes a critical question. Whether you are business owner looking for 3D industrial printer or a young designer, dreaming to turn your 3D designs into real objects and products. We all wish to buy the perfect 3D printer who can accurately print the specific design of our models. We all search for the best printer who will produce anything we can imagine.
Top 5 Tips for choosing the best 3D Printer
Before choosing the perfect 3D printer, ask yourself:
- 3D Printer performances: Unfortunately not all the 3D printers can handle complex designs with curves and multi layers. Some 3D printer’s supports only limited list of materials. Once you define your own demands and understand the design and material performances it’s easier to choose the best 3D printer fitting your needs.
- 3D Printer Cost: the price and cost of 3D printers varies from few hundreds to thousands of US$ Dollars. Adding the additional accessories cost, materials cost, scanner, 3D printing design software, maintenance and so on. Budget is critical in choosing the best 3D printer.
- Business or Private use: do you plan to buy Home 3D (hobby) printer or do you wish to use printer to increase productivity in your company? Will the new 3D printer provide you with faster production & marketing, cost saving? Will the 3D printer you plan to purchase meet your designing and prototyping needs and can it communicate with the designer’s concepts?
- User Friendly: if you plan to use 3D home printer as a hobby and enjoy the endless variety of models you can produce, it has to be user friendly. If you plan to buy printer for professional use or industrial use, you need to make sure your manpower (designer) is familiar enough with your new 3D printer technical specs. Best match is critical to your success.
- Printer Speed: both Home 3D printers and industrial professional printers demand high production speed. Once your 3D printing design is ready you will most likely want it to be printed rapidly. Whether you buy 3D printer as a hobby or need this tool for your business it has to meet your deadlines, and it’s important to verify before placing the order.